Monday, June 15, 2009

How the journey started....


Tom and I met almost 8 years ago and have always had an admiration for children. Tom has the luxury of having many nieces and nephews. I, on the hand, have the luxury right now of having wonderful friends with beautiful children. I also have the luxury of having a phenomenal job as a pediatric nurse. So my heart is blessed with kids every day. It was not until a dear,dear friend of mine was blessed with a beautiful baby boy, Max, with down syndrome. I have watched his mother and father blossom with Max, especially with them not knowing his diagnosis until he was born. Tom and I had the privilege of meeting so many wonderful families and children with DS on Max's first birthday, that we decided this was our calling to add one of God's beautiful creations into our heart and life. We began researching, A LOT, and came across Vanya. Vanya is a gorgeous 2 year old boy living in an orphanage in Ukraine. And so the AWESOME journey begins......

No comments:

Post a Comment